Warmer weather and bright sunshine are the perfect elements for getting creative with outdoor fun in the sun. Summertime showcases bright colors and flashy patterns, which complement any crafting idea. Now is the time to take advantage of all the fun and festive activities summer has to offer. Savor the season until its last drop of sunshine! To help you make the most of your last chunk of summer, we’ve throw together some of the best summer craft projects to bring along with you on your end-of-summer adventures.
Most of the crafts below can be completed in as little as a few minutes and will provide a season of colorful convenience.
1. Tote bags: For those sandy beach outings and picnics in the park, tote bags are essential. Of course you can purchase the plain tan ones at any store, but why not make one that is reminiscent of the season?
– Better Homes and Gardens has a great tutorial for crafting your own tote bag. It can be found here, http://www.bhg.com/crafts/sewing/accessories/signature-style-tote/. Don’t forget to adorn your summery bag with sequined and shiny appliques in keeping with the season.
2. Cover-ups: Want a beach cover-up that’s flattering, summery and affordable? Try making your own! With as little as two steps and a handful of materials, you can custom make the ultimate beach cover-up out of two cotton scarfs.
– With these simple steps, you’re guaranteed to look cute and fashionable on the beach. Visit http://www.marthastewart.com/910083/scarf-beach-cover?czone=crafts/handmade-accessories-cnt/by-accessory for the step by step guide.
3. Fun cocktail accessories: Perfect company for the yummiest of summer cocktails. Every delicious summer cocktail deserves accessorizing. Handmade cocktail umbrellas are symbolic of hot summer days cooled down with the best thirst-quenching cocktail.
– CountryLiving has a quick and easy way of creating cute and perfectly complimentary drink umbrellas. For a cheap price, you could make nearly 100 for a whole season of deliciousness! Visit http://www.countryliving.com/crafts/projects/fun-summer-crafts#slide-1 for more information.
4. Seating for grassy outings: Need something soft for those lazy days in the grass? How about a custom-made outdoor cushion? We’re not talking about the ones that fit the backs of chairs. The best summer days and nights are those spent lying in the grass, soaking up the sun.
– By using weather-proof fabric, vinyl pillow cases and three to four extra pillows, you’ll get a one of a kind cushion for summer lounging. Plus, summertime fabrics come in vibrant colors. For instructions, follow these simple steps at http://www.countryliving.com/crafts/projects/fun-summer-crafts#slide-4.
Don’t forget to visit Lace Heaven for the supplies you’ll need to make these and other summer craft projects.