Hooray, it’s National Sewing Month! This honored month is a great way to pay tribute to a skill that has brought profit and joy to people all over the globe. September was first recognized as National Sewing Month by President Ronald Reagan in 1982.
So, what should you do to take part in the celebration? How about retiring your old and tired machine and upgrading to a new one? By visiting http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/sewing-machines.htm you’ll see the top-rated machines for your sewing needs.
Another way to honor one of the most favored hobbies is by joining a sewing group. These organizations welcome members from all over the country of various skill levels. By becoming a member you can partake in meetings with fellow sewers to learn new techniques, share your work and delight in great savings. You can visit The American Sewing Guild’s website at http://www.asg.org/ to learn more about their membership.
We’ve also found that http://www.craftsy.com/patterns/sewing/free has some really interesting sewing patterns to try for free. The warm weather season is not over just yet so you still have time to try out a bright, colorful summer pattern.
Lastly, we’d like to conclude this post by sharing some funny, beautiful and 100% true quotes about sewing.
1. Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing, the days pass quickly when I am sewing.- Author Unknown
2. Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Michelangelo to paint your garage. – Author Unknown
3. Sewing fills my days, not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets. – Author Unknown
4. Sewing: A creative mess is better than tidy idleness. – Author Unknown
5. Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern; it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that – one stitch at a time taken patiently and the pattern will come out all right like the embroidery. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
Stop by our website to see all of the great products we have available to help you celebrate National Sewing Month!